Vegan pancakes are easy to make and there’s a massive choice of toppings for them.
- If you are making a batch of pancakes, put the oven on low so that you can keep the first ones warm while making the rest.
- Put the flour into a large bowl.
- Mix the egg replacer with 2 tablespoons of water
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and add the egg replacer and a little of the milk.
- Beat the mixture with an electric handheld mixer or a balloon whisk while slowly adding the milk. Keep beating until there are no lumps
- Allow the batter to stand for 15 minutes
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a flat, non-stick frying pan. It needs to be hot enough that a drop of batter sizzles as soon as it touches the pan.
- Beat the batter again. Pour a little of the batter onto the pan and swirl it around to make a thin disc. Use a spatula to work at the edges to stop it sticking and get the pancake moving around the pan. Keep cooking until the underside is light brown in colour.
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side
- Slide the pancake onto a plate or put it in the oven to keep it warm until needed.
- Scrape any batter crumbs out of the pan, add more oil, beat the batter mixture again and make the next pancake.
Here are some recommendations for pancake toppings
- Lemon juice and sugar
- Maple syrup and blueberries.
- Agave syrup or Groovy Food Flavoured Agave
- Date syrup
- Choc Shot and flaked almonds
- Peanut butter and sliced bananas
- Salted caramel sauce
- Fresh strawberries and whipped cream
- Hazelnut spread
- Ice cream and sour cherries
- Bacon rashers
The ingredients in this recipe are available from The V Spot.