Posted: 16th June 2019. No agencies
Please note that, due to a delay in our plans, this vacancy won’t be filled until late in 2019. If you are interested, you are welcome to apply and we will keep your details on file until we are ready to shortlist candidates.
- Serving customers. Giving advice to customers and answering questions in person and over the telephone
- Simple food preparation following recipes and procedures (soup, sandwiches, cakes, sausage rolls)
- Cleaning the shop and kitchen (Washing up, Hoovering, mopping, dusting etc.)
- Opening up and locking up the premises.
- Operating the till. Handling and counting cash.
- Receiving deliveries, stocking shelves
- Entering product information into the stock database. Producing product shelf labels.
- Adhering to food safety, hygiene and Health & Safety procedures
Skills and attributes required
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of veganism and allergies/intolerances.
- Good numeracy.
- Honest and hardworking. Co-operative, positive attitude.
- Responsible and self motivated with ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work efficiently to tight schedules
- Ability to prepare basic foods for the shop by following recipes.
- Ability to follow hygiene and safety procedures and to maintain high standards.
- Computer skills: Use of Windows 10 apps, basic data entry, basic desktop publishing. Use of email, Google Calendar, Google Docs etc.
Additional advantageous skills
- Experience in catering or retail.
- Any skills that can help develop the business (marketing, photography, design skills, cake decoration, IT etc)
- Friendly and approachable manner.
- Interest in and understanding of veganism, vegan products etc.
- Good standard of personal grooming and deportment.
- Flexible about working hours.
- Positive and helpful attitude.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
You will be trained in all required tasks including food hygiene, food preparation, operating the till, Health & Safety procedures. As part of your training you will complete a Part 2 Food Hygiene certificate.
These are permanent positions.
The rate of pay is £8.50 per hour.
The number of hours per week are negotiable but are will be around 25 hours per week. Extra hours will be required in the pre-Christmas period, during special events and to cover colleagues’ holiday and sickness periods. Shifts will be 4 to 8 hours long, between 7:30am and 6:30pm, seven days a week. Exact working hours are negotiable but flexibility with working times is important.
An immediate start is available for one successful candidate. The second position will commence in August.
How to Apply
Send CV and email to Adrian Bhagat, firstname.lastname@example.org, describing why you want the job and how you fit the person profile.