Posted: 25th June 2020. No agencies
- Serving customers. Giving advice to customers and answering questions in person and over the telephone
- Baking and food preparation following recipes and procedures (soup, sandwiches, cakes, sausage rolls)
- Cleaning the shop and kitchen (Washing up, Hoovering, mopping, dusting etc.)
- Use of shop management software to record deliveries, sales and stock movements
- Operating the till. Handling and counting cash.
- Receiving deliveries, stocking shelves
- Entering product information into the stock database. Producing product shelf labels using DTP software.
- Opening up and locking up the premises.
- Adhering to food safety, hygiene and Health & Safety procedures
Skills and attributes required
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of veganism and allergies/intolerances.
- Good numeracy.
- Honest and hardworking. Co-operative, positive attitude.
- Responsible and self motivated with ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work efficiently to tight schedules
- Ability to prepare basic foods for the shop by following recipes.
- Ability to follow hygiene and safety procedures and to maintain high standards.
- Computer skills: Use of Windows 10 apps, basic data entry, basic desktop publishing. Use of email, Google Calendar, Google Docs etc.
Additional advantageous skills
- Experience in catering or retail.
- Any skills that can help develop the business (marketing, photography, design skills, cake decoration, IT etc)
- Friendly and approachable manner.
- Interest in and understanding of veganism, vegan products etc.
- Good standard of personal grooming and deportment.
- Flexible about working hours.
- Positive and helpful attitude.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
You will be trained in all required tasks including food hygiene, food preparation, operating the till, Health & Safety procedures. As part of your training you will complete a Part 2 Food Hygiene certificate.
These are permanent positions.
The rate of pay is £9.00 per hour.
The number of hours per week are negotiable but will be around 20 hours per week. Extra hours will be required in the pre-Christmas period, during special events and to cover colleagues’ holiday and sickness periods. Shifts will be 4 to 8 hours long, between 7:30am and 6:30pm, seven days a week. Exact working hours are negotiable but flexibility with working times is important.
An immediate start is available.
How to Apply
Send CV and email to Adrian Bhagat, email@example.com, describing why you want the job and how you fit the person profile.