Tempeh is made from fermented soya beans and has a chewy texture. It’s available from The V Spot’s freezer.
- 1 pack (227g) tempeh
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon tomato purée
- Large pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon golden syrup or brown sugar
- A few drops of liquid smoke
- ½ teaspoon celery salt or table salt
- ½ teaspoon vegan Worcester sauce
- If the tempeh is frozen, defrost in the fridge overnight.
- Mix the marinade ingredients.
- Carefully cut the tempeh into 5mm thick slices.
- Put the slices into a small zip-lock bag with the marinade and leave for 24 hours.
- When ready, fry the strips in a little oil.
The ingredients in this recipe are available from The V Spot.Comments Off on Tempeh Bacon