Thanks to Corinne Longman for sharing this recipe.
- Mix the oil, soy sauce, yeast flakes and liquid smoke in a small bowl. Add enough water to make a thin paste.
- Using scissors, cut a few of the rice paper discs into strips about 25mm wide.
- Heat some water and pour it into a large flat dish or a frying pan. The water should be hot but not boiling.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan.
- Dip a strip of rice paper into the water until it is softened enough to fold. Hold it at one end and gently squeeze the water out with your other hand.
- Dip the strip into the marinade, then fry it in the oil for about 4 minutes. Then, flip it over with a fork and fry for two minutes on the other side until it is crispy. Repeat this for the other strips.
- Once fried, drain the strips on kitchen roll.
The ingredients in this recipe are available from The V Spot.