Beer battered vegan fish made from banana flowers(!)
Source: The Hunger Grains
- Drain the banana blossoms.
- Straighten out the banana blossoms and put them in a bowl. Cover them with hot water.
- Add seaweed flakes, lemon juice and dill.
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- To make the batter, put rice flour, celery salt, paprika, and pepper in a bowl.
- Gradually add the beer, mixing with a balloon whisk as you go to make a smooth batter.
- Chill the batter in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a deep pan or a deep fat fryer.
- Gently squeeze the moisture from the banana blossoms, then roll them in rice flour.
- Mix the batter again and dip the banana blossoms in the batter so they are well coated.
- Gently put one of the blossoms into the hot oil and fry, turning occasionally, until the battered is light brown. Repeat for the other blossoms.
The ingredients in this recipe are available from The V Spot.