- Preheat the oven to 180℃ / Gas Mark 4. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Put the tamari, liquid smoke, maple syrup and water into a large bowl and mix well.
- Drop the coconut flakes into the bowl and stir until they are coated.
- Spread the flakes across the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir and then bake for another 8 minutes keeping a careful watch so that they don’t burn. They should be dark brown but not black.
- Leave the chips on the baking sheet to cool. Once cool, store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
The ingredients in this recipe are available from The V Spot.