Baked Bean Bake
This is a really filling dinner which can be eaten hot with vegetables and gravy or cold with a salad.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4 / 180 °C / 350 °F. Grease a loaf tin with oil or margarine.
- Empty the baked beans into a bowl and mash them with a potato masher or a fork.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and fry in the vegetable oil for a few minutes.
- Add the sausage mix, fried onion, mixed herbs and some salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix well and place into the greased loaf tin, pressing the top flat. Brush the top with more oil.
- Bake for one hour.
The ingredients in this recipe are available from The V Spot.